May your heart and home be filled with all of the joys the season brings.
Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year!
A lovely bench outside of a souvenir shop in the old town of Bratislava.
If you want to rest for a while, you will never feel lonely sitting on this bench. You may enjoy the company of this adorable couple!
As summer is approaching, it is the right time to start thinking about vacations and search for possible destinations. Few days ago, Jen from Gypsybus28, tagged me for the Travel Tag. Her timing was impeccable! I was very excited and immediately started thinking about this year’s vacations.
First of all, I would like to thank Jen for tagging me in the Travel Τag. I follow her blog for a while now and I find it very inspiring. She shares her love about cooking, travelling and beauty. You can check out her blog here.
And now let’s move on with the questions!
1. WHERE IS YOUR FAVOURITE PLACE YOU HAVE VISITED?
It is not easy to decide. There are a few places that are on my favourite list – each for a different reason. On the top of my list though, is Prague, Vienna, Greek Islands and Majorca.
2. IF YOU COULD VISIT ANYWHERE TOMORROW, WHERE WOULD YOU PICK?
Krakow (Poland). I wanted to visit Krakow since my studies, but somehow it never happened. Now we have friends living there, so a visit is long overdue!
3. WOULD YOU RATHER GO ON A CITY HOLIDAY OR A BEACH HOLIDAY?
It depends on which season I’m choosing to travel. For summer time I prefer going on a beach holiday. For autumn and spring I prefer a city holiday. I’m not counting winter period, because I can’t stand the cold weather. I would say yes if it would be a ‘hotel’ holiday only!
4. WHAT ARE 3 OF YOUR HOLIDAY ESSENTIALS?
Everything I take with me it considered to be essential!
5. ARE YOU AN OVER-PACKER OR AN UNDER-PACKER?
Definitely an over-packer! Every time I’m trying to convince myself to pack less but it’s impossible 🙂
6. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE THING ABOUT GOING ON HOLIDAYS?
My favourite thing is that I get away from the daily routine. Besides that I enjoy seeing new places, meeting other cultures and certainly trying the local cuisine.
7. WHAT IS ONE PLACE YOU WOULD NEVER WANT TO VISIT?
I can’t think of such a place, but I will surely avoid visit places that doesn’t make me feel safe.
8. WHO WOULD YOU RATHER GO ON A HOLIDAY WITH, FAMILY OR FRIENDS?
I don’t mind. I enjoy both, even though most of the times I go on vacation with family.
9. WHAT IS THE MOST ADVENTUROUS DISH YOU HAVE TRIED FROM ANOTHER COUNTRY?
Since I am not an adventurous person and I am a picky eater, I don’t try anything that looks odd or includes peculiar ingredients. I like to try the traditional food of the country I’m visiting, if fits my criteria that is – which most of the times it does.
10. WHO DO YOU WANT TO DO THIS TRAVEL TAG?
I really enjoyed doing this Travel Tag. It brought back wonderful memories from my trips 🙂
I am so excited to take part in the One Lovely Blog Award. I started this blog for me, as a photographic diary of a sort but I am happy that with the course of time, other bloggers were able to travel through my pictures and it got the response it has.
- Thank the person that nominated you and leave a link to their blog
- Post about the award
- Share seven facts about yourself
- Nominate at most 15 people
- Let your nominees know that they’ve been nominated
7 Interesting things about me:
- I love animals, especially dogs. Ever since I was a child, I remember always having at least one running around the yard and through the house.
- Other than our local Mediterranean cuisine, I also love Mexican, Indian and Japanese food.
- I love cooking. I always like trying new recipes. I don’t always follow the instructions verbatim since I like being creative in the kitchen. In the future I will post some of my favorite recipes!
- I’m not the athletic type. I just like to hike leisurely for as long as I can.
- I love all kinds of sweets but not chocolates or anything that contains chocolate 🙂
- As weird as it seems, I’m not a big fan of swimming, even though I am from an island and I live very close to the sea, like 5-10 minutes walking distance!
- I’m afraid of heights. When we visited the Eiffel Tower and we went all the way up, I turned and looked at the inside part of the elevator. When we reached the second floor I just stepped outside of the elevator, stayed there and held onto the railings while the others were enjoying and admiring the ‘breathtaking’ view.
So now that you know me a little bit more, I’d love to get to know you too, so comment below some interesting things about you!
Once upon a time there was a couple – a man & a woman – and they had each other… After a long time they became three and they had you! Now they have Everything!!!
“A New Baby is like the beginning of all things: wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities”
– Eda J. Leshan
A new baby girl came to our lives and we are truly happy. That is the reason of my long absence from writing posts! As a new mother I needed time to adjust and spend a lot of time with my newborn baby.
I am the sun in sky of green
I am the golden summer queen
I’m the friend to every child
Because I’m strong, bright and wild.
Grown-ups cut me when they mow-
Forget they loved me years ago.
But when I’m gone, then don’t you sorrow.
I’ll be back again tomorrow.
This is a poem about dandelion flower from the poetry book “The Winds that Come From Far Away and other poems”, by Else Holmelund Minarik (the author of the Little Bear books).
Dandelion is known as the wish flower. The plant flower is yellow and when the flower matures you see the white fluffy seeds. Some people say, that when you see the first dandelion of the season, you should make a wish and others say you should blow on a dandelion puff and make a wish. After that, you are supposed to say: “Dandelion, puffs away, Make my wish come true some day.”
Now that summer is one month away and the weather here in Cyprus is getting warmer, it’s time for a refreshing home made soft-drink! It is ideal when you will have friends coming over your house! They will love it. This lemonade is so simple that I wasn’t going to post it, but sometimes simple is good.
- 1,5L sparkling water (or soda)
- 200ml squash lemonade (home made preferable)
- peppermint leaves
- 1 orange
- 1/2 lemon
(If you want you can add the ice before you serve)
The last thing to do is pour over the sparkling water, stir slightly and serve. Your refreshing lemonade is ready. Quick and easy!
Before you serve leave it about 15minutes in the refrigerator. If you want the lemonade sweeter add more lemonade squash. Also you can create your own variations and add other fruits or syrups.
This year I created a bucket list with my goals – which I haven’t done for many years. One of those items written in the list, was to create my own website. So it seems that I ‘ve made the first step and here I am trying to make it work!